Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 4, Friday, February 28th By Alex Martin

Our lunch (Meat Market Athens)
Friday was definitely the most adventurous day yet.  I could have sworn we walked almost 10 miles by the end of the day from going to the Acropolis Museum to even visiting the Acropolis itself.  But that wasn't my favorite journey of the day, the meat market was.  Even though I'm a vegetarian, I was still amazed by the people and the culture.  They had eyeballs lined up in a row ready to be sold and different types of animals hanging with sale signs on them. I will admit that I did gag when I saw that.  People would throw dead animals in your face like it's something that happens everyday.  The meat market was our first stop, then we went to visit the Temple of Zeus.  There are only 16 columns left of what would be a magnificent temple, but it was still worth seeing.  Then we took a long hike to the Acropolis.  Everything about the Acropolis was amazing including the view of Greece and learning the history of the artifacts there.  That definitely would have been a great way to end the day, but the best way was the dessert the group tried, a cupful of Greek yogurt submerged in honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment